Re: [oletrucks] Tail light mounting?

To: "Alan Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tail light mounting?
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:34:21 -0500
Glad you guys brought this up.  My significant other gave me a set of
original taillights for my '47 and I was all ready to put them on when I
realized that the PO had sealed up all the old holes.  I have been wondering
exactly where to redrill the holes for mounting the taillights.  The
passenger side bracket and light is easy...it should fit fine on the rear of
the stake pocket.  However, if I mount the bracket and light on the driver's
side ...and on the rear of the stake pocket...it interferes with the opening
of the tailgate.  Maybe...as Mike and Alan have said...the correct mounting
for my truck is on the FRONT of the stake pocket.  Duh...I never thought of
that.  I'm gonna check it out today.

BTW, I got blue dot lenses for both taillights.  Question...were blue dot
lenses available as a factory option, a dealer option, or neither....and
just added on by people who like them?
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100