Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Mystery

To: Banjomike@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Mystery
From: John & Vicki Garton <wishful@syix.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 17:13:09 -0800
My two cents worth. If everything is back to its orginial places, except
the radiator being slightly smaller, Then I would say it is the radiator
cap. The cap allows the build up of so many pounds of pressure. Each
pound equates to so much over the boiling point. Can't remember the
exact figures. So a 14 pound cap is normal for most cars. If the cap is
faulty, then the radiator is going to boil over at a much lower
temperature. Besides the cap is pretty inexpensive if it doesn't work.

John Garton