Re: [oletrucks] Truck Striping

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Striping
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:38:22 -500
> From:          "D. SLANEY" <ppm@dlcwest.com>
> To:            <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Cc:            <Hudson29@aol.com>
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] Truck Striping
> Date:          Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:13:23 -0600

> Many thanks Paul for the very interesting information, Tom Caperton also
> suggested the stick on stripes and suggested 3M brand and I checked today
> and they are available here. Not wanting to try it by hand, unless maybe I
> had a touch or two of whatever that chap had while he disappeared?? My other
> thought was to take truck to town and have a signpainter tackle it. Thanks
> to Tom and your suggestions, will pick up the 3M striping tomorrow and pray
> for the 1 1/2" snow that came today will melt away soon.
>
> Regards, Don
> Regina Beach, Sk. Canada.
> 48 American 3/4 & 51 Canadian 1/2 {Chevs.}

There is a 3-M brand of 3/4" masking tape but its kind of vinyl and
divided into strips. You  put it on where you want it and remove the
strips in the center to make the stripe the width you want and then
paint between the remaining outer bands... if you want to spray it
the outer bands provide a place to mask off protective paper to avoid
over spray getting on other things.

Rogerg
51-3100 AD STOCKER