Re: [oletrucks] dash painting

To: Truckexprt@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dash painting
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 06:14:25 EST
In a message dated 03/04/99 12:12:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Truckexprt@aol.com writes:

<<
  I am a salesperson at Jim Carters Antique Truck parts and have taken orders
 from you in the past. I looked at the dash in the restored 50 chevy in our
 show room. The recessed areas on the dash and the glove box door are painted
 the same color as the dash. The raised areas on both are painted silver so
 they match all the way across. I confirmed this with Jim. He said they were
 painted that way originaly. I hope this helps!

I would say that adds to the confusion.  I only use original, non restored
trucks as my examples.  I know what restorers can do.  (I'm one).  I also look
at more than one truck before I form an opinion.  Lots more.  I have about 90
AD trucks in my back lot.  In 1950 the glove box door was Stainles steel.  Not
silver paint.  I respectfully take exception to Jim Carter's stand.

Bob  ADler