Re: [oletrucks] Sick 327

To: Steve Bobst <mailman@netins.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sick 327
From: Claude Ramey <rameyfam@n-link.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:06:53 -0600
This probably won't fix your trouble but it applties when looking for a bad plug
or missfireing cylinder. We brought back to life a 350 that had been sitting 6
years. Changed oil turned it by hand replaced plug wires, plugs point's etc. It
started up but within minutes was running real bad. We worked on alot of things
and it just seemed like some cylinders weren't firing/sometimes. While the
engine was running (bad) we put a small drop of oil on each header tube to find
the cold ones, sure enuf we had three dead cylinders. We could not believe that
new spark plugs were bad so after messin' with some more stuff we rotated the
plugs to different cylinders. Hey! brand new bad plugs. We put the 6 year old
ones back in and it ran fine. I just wanted to share the trouble shooting oil on
hot exhaust tip with everyone. The three bad header tubes were cold enough to
touch while the engine was running. Maybe we need a government label on these so
people like me won't touch 'em cause the good cylinders are HOT!