Re: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:40:58 EST
I've owned and driven Corvairs since the early 70's. They have air-cooled
engines and the heat comes off of shrouds on the engine.  You can imagine what
a leaky exhaust could do there.  I remember CO sensors that you could buy to
put in your car.

If anyone's interested, I could try to find out if the automotive version of
those sensors are still made and get you a source.

The best lesson is still to keep your engine and exhaust in good shape.  It's
pretty easy for me to let things go for too long.  Thanks for the reminder.

Mark

<<>Check your exhaust and seal up those leaks. Carbon Monoxide is a killer and