[oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll

To: buicks@onelist.com, skylark@listbot.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob, Margie, Nick & Andrea)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:08:26 GMT
Does anyone else have a problem with decals in general these days.  Personally,
I much preferred the water transfer types.  Although they were more difficult to
handle, IMHO they layed down much smoother, and didn't have a tendency to peel
off at the edges like the mylar (heavy vinyl/plastic) ones do - plus, you had
more time to get them positioned JUST right (even the occassional folded under
edge could be worked out, or in an extreme case, the whole decal peeled off, put
into water, and replaced on the paper backing to start all over again.  Not so
with the new fangled styles.  Am I a lone voice in this regard?  I used to be
able to get water transfer types to better mold to uneven surfaces, usually with
a little slit here, slit there, and the cut was almost undetectable.  Try that
with the new peel off types.  If others feel as I do, and would prefer water
transfer, maybe we should let the vendors know this.  So, what are other's
opinions?  And IF others agree, does anyone know WHY water transfers are losing
out to the new style peel offs?

Rob