Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll
From: "Paul M. Ledbetter" <Paul@austintx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:00:26 -0600
At 03:54 PM 3/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Rob, I definitely agree on the decals.  I just put the mylar "CHEVROLET"
>letters on the dash of my '47 and they were awful to get into place.  Same
>was true for the letters I replaced on my hood emblem.  They're very small
>and hard to handle, and if you make a mistake, you can ruin a letter...and
>therefore have to order the whole set again.

Here is a little tip on new self adhesive decals.  Use a spray bottle with
only water in it.  Soak down the area to put the decal.  Once you have it
soaked, place the deal in the place you think you want it, but do not press
real hard.  Lay it there.  Then, you can move it around without
damage.  After finalizing where exactly you want it, use a rubber squeegee
(or something similar) to squeeze all of the water from behind the sticker
and making it permanent.
Play around with a non-important sticker the first time.  It will take
about 5 minutes to get the hang of it, and then go for the good
stuff.  This is how I have done it for years, and it does make a difference
in the finished product.  Most commercial companies do this to ALL of their
decals.  That is why they usually look so perfect.

Any one have any questions?