Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll

To: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob, Margie, Nick & Andrea)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll
From: Joe Clark <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:59:49 -0500
Rob:
I prefer the water type too.  I also notice that with the sticky type, they
are kind of opaque and the color of whatever you're gluing them to shows
through.  I ended up putting 2 on top of one another for my oil filter so
the color would match! (I'm getting obsessed I know).  Anyhow, I agree with you.
Joe
50 3100

At 06:08 AM 3/24/99 GMT, you wrote:
>Does anyone else have a problem with decals in general these days.  Personally,
>I much preferred the water transfer types.  Although they were more
difficult to
>handle, IMHO they layed down much smoother, and didn't have a tendency to peel
>off at the edges like the mylar (heavy vinyl/plastic) ones do - plus, you had
>more time to get them positioned JUST right (even the occassional folded under
>edge could be worked out, or in an extreme case, the whole decal peeled
off, put
>into water, and replaced on the paper backing to start all over again.  Not so
>with the new fangled styles.  Am I a lone voice in this regard?  I used to be
>able to get water transfer types to better mold to uneven surfaces, usually
with
>a little slit here, slit there, and the cut was almost undetectable.  Try that
>with the new peel off types.  If others feel as I do, and would prefer water
>transfer, maybe we should let the vendors know this.  So, what are other's
>opinions?  And IF others agree, does anyone know WHY water transfers are losing
>out to the new style peel offs?
>
>Rob

Joe Clark, Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory