Re: [oletrucks] Spotlight accessory

To: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spotlight accessory
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:36:02 -0800
If you really want a spot light and are in a state that doesn't allow them,
most states will not say anything if they are not hooked up. Just pig tail
the wire and tape it.  Check with local law enforcement, but I don't think
that they will bother you if it isn't wired (Military vehicle guys run into
these problems with the old "black-out", and flood lighting).

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: Bob bdfentr <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net; TomGreer@aol.com
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spotlight accessory
> Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 6:39 PM
>
> Myuncle used to have a spotlight on an old 1956 F*&d PU. Trouble was he
only had it on for about 5 weeks. Used to be in Oklahoma you could have a
spotlight on public service vehicles, phone and electric company vehicles.
The Highway Patrol let him off with a warning. Other states state that you
must always have the light facing down and backwards during normal driving.
You might want to check with the local law enforcement guys before
purchasing one. They would also be able to tell you where to get one of the
better lights (non-plastic gears and shafts) and chrome thick enough that
it does not rust out in 3 years (if it is ok to put one on your truck). I
personally enjoyed the look of a well mounted spot light. Best of luck..Bob
Fentress