Re: [oletrucks] Brake Woes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Woes
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 06:04:45 -0700
Very good, accurate information.

I would add about the line location that the small line goes to the
discs (large reservoir). Disc brakes need less fluid when applied
because the piston moves very little. The disc pads are stay lightly in
contact with the rotor when released so there is almost no piston
movement needed to apply them.

The large line goes to the rear brakes (small reservoir) as the rear
shoes are pulled away from the drum by the return springs and the
pistons in the rear cylinders have farther to move.

--
John   "49-50-54-57-79-95" Chevy 3800 Panel