Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Chatter

To: "Tony D'Angelo" <tonyd3@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Chatter
From: "Claude Ramey" <rameyfam@n-link.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:58:40 -0500
Tony, Do you have it fixed yet? Sorry I took so long to reply, just thought
of it today. A friend of mine had an old 235 "60's I think". He had the same
trouble. He found out that when he pushed the clutch pedal in, it was
pushing the crankshaft forward. Endplay about 3/8 inch. Way out of specs, I
think. I suppose the bearing/bushing that holds the crank in place was shot.
you could watch the front balancer/pulley move forward and back as he
operated the clutch. He ended trying to put a 292 bus 6 cylinder in, gave
that up and put a 350 in. Hope yours is a simpler solution.