Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Advance on 235 engines

To: <peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Advance on 235 engines
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:25:21 -0700
Peter,

Nice ride!!!  I commend you on such a beautiful truck given you must not have
several junkyards and parts stores around you (at least ones that carry '58
Chev and big block parts).  I especially like the "it's huge and very powerful"
part!

Allen
'50 3100

PS  Your English is just fine.

>>> "Peter Volwerk" <peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl> 06/07/99 03:48PM >>>
Hello John,

I like to tell you about the same problem I had this week, my Vacuum Advance
was leak, also the centrifugal advance wasn't good.
The centrifugal advance I repaired with oil and cleaning but with the vacuum
advance I had to do some real work.

First thing I did was sawing around the house where the iron is bent double,
so I could seperated the two halve's of the house, be carefull not to saw to
deep because the diaphragm is also there.
When you take the two parts from each other you will notice a spring and a
adjustible washer on the side where you atached the hose, on the other side
you will find a arm that will connect inside your distributor, the diaphragm
is connected to this arm and you can removed it from the house, now you can
check on leaks and repair the leak with a normale tube repair you will use
for your bycicle.
The only problem now is how to atached the two halve house's to eachother,
well take only the metall housing parts and dril 8 hole's about 2/16" each,
but remember to dril as much as possible to the outher side off the house
because other wise you won't be able to put the screws in the hole's.
Now put everything back to getter and make sure the diaphragm is between the
two parts of the housing, with a small point make a hole in the diaphragm
where you dril the hole's and fit the two parts to getter.

I have placed a photo on my webside for a look on how I did it because I
know my English isn't that good.

I hope this will help you,

Peter 58 3100 454 Cu Inch
http://www.petervolwerk.demon.nl