RE: [oletrucks] 59 3600 that drives itself!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 59 3600 that drives itself!
From: wayne osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:05:52 -0400
To replace the shackle pins you first must remove the bolt and nut that
holds the sides together, its the one in the middle. After removing this
bolt, the sides should pop off of the pins. Be careful as to remove the
weight from the shackles, The top pin is screwed into the bushing, and
can be removed by just screwing it out. The bottom one goes through
the leaf spring eye. I just did this on mine and the biggest problem
was the stationary side-which is not the side with the shackles on it.
The bushing was worn in an egg shape, thus allowing the entire
axle to shift when a bump was hit in the road.  Wayne