Re: [oletrucks] welding/cab corners

To: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] welding/cab corners
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:31:55 -0400
Tim, I'm sure you will get different opinions on your question. If  your body
man was able to braze or gas weld corners in without warping it's probably fine.
If he used coat hanger for filler rod I would guess he gas welded them. My main
concern would be if he used a lap joint to seal it against moisture inside and
out. That's why I prefer butt joints but many use lap joints or flanged joints
even with mig. The body is full of overlapped joints spot welded together.

Grant 50 3100