Re: [oletrucks] welding/cab corners

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] welding/cab corners
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 01:50:01 -0400
Grant has some good info here.  I have a Miller 110 volt welder that is
great to use, but it is more expensive.  I got mine through work at a
discount (working for a fab shop with 130 Miller welders has its
advantages).  If you go this route (MIG), use the hard wire instead of
flux core and ask for 75/25 gas...it's the Argon/CO2 mixture that is
much easier to weld with than straight Argon.  Less spatter as well, and
welds better in the vertical position.  Lincoln machines are good too.
Stay away from bargain (cheap) welders which won't have good punch when
you need to weld to something a bit thicker.  Run it off it's own
separate 20 amp line.  Welding is fun.  Practice on scrap pieces and you
will be surprised at the results in a short time.  Most MIG machines
that run on 110 volts will come with .030" diameter wire which works
well for sheet metal as well as frame repairs.

Wally (certified nuclear welding inspector, but only moderately good
with the gun!)

53 3100 rod project