Re: [oletrucks] Fender Catings

To: David@gardener.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fender Catings
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
David says:

> I am think about how to prep the inner surfaces of the front and rear
> fenders, the running boards and other exposed back or bottom sides of other
> parts.
>
> Since I live in the salt belt, I would really like to take some additional
> steps to increase the protection of these parts.  What would be a good first
> level of protection before applying the rubberized undercoating?
>
> Several options I have come up with include.
>
> 3.  Paint them with 2 part expoy primer as the base.
>
>     or
>
> 4.  ??

When I did my bed, I had the fenders coated with the Rhino coating spray on
liner material at the same time.  Incidently, my 3200 bed is a single sheet
of 12 guage stainless steel, no more wood.  After blasting all the
sheetmetal, I painted everything with an acid etching primer then had the
bed coating applied within the nest two days.

For a work truck, this stuff is great.  I'm also getting ready to have the
cab below the dash coated as well, should make a nice hose-out-able
interior that will also block some sound.  Going to be light grey, similar
to the stock color.

You can check out my truck(s) at my web page:

www.teleport.com/~miq/oletruck.html

P.S.  Alan G: saw your letter in the august 1999 custom classic trucks, you
plugged your page, but not the list, (shakes finger).

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com