Re: [oletrucks] Fender Catings

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fender Catings
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 22:10:47 -0400

> I am think about how to prep the inner surfaces of the front and rear
> fenders, the running boards and other exposed back or bottom sides of
> other
> parts.

David, I am in the same situation.  My plan is to wire brush them of all
the loose rust, then paint on Eastwood's Corroless, which is a product
similar to POR-15.  I have used it so far on my frame and am satisfied
with it.  I painted over it with black enamel and had no peeling/flaking
problems.  I am not sure if I will use undercoating on the fenders after
the rust inhibitor or perhaps just paint.  The Corroless is a rusty
brown color, unlike the black of POR-15.  From what I have heard from
the Chevelle list that I subscribe to, you want to leave a tight coating
of rust before painting either product as it uses that rust to activate
properly.  Sandblasting to a clean surface, then using a rust inhibitor
has resulted in some cases of it peeling.  Price is similar between the
two products, but I have not used POR-15.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100