Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Rebuild

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Rebuild
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:39:17 -0800
Jim, If it were me, I wouldcheck and see if you can look down into the
reservior, and watch to see if the hole where the brake fluid flows down into
the piston cavity for compression is really opening up to allow the flow, it
sometimes happens that when the master cylinder has been rebuit, the stroke may
have changed just enough to block off this port. Some times, after filling the
reservior with fluid, I will slowly just move the pedal say an 1/8" or more
back and fourth while at the same time watching the bubbles of air come up,
when you see no more bubbles, then I start the actual bleeding process, and for
me it has never let me down. But do check the port opening at the bottom of the
reservior, your pedal may not be retracting enough to fully open this port.
Just a sugestion   Pat

Pat '56 GMC Napco

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail