Re: [oletrucks] 235 Timing Gear and Cam

To: trks@javanet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Timing Gear and Cam
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:12:52 EDT
        Grant warned:

        "You are coming dangerously close to being caught in the "might as
well syndrome". I've found once I start investing money and labor in internal
engine parts it's hard to stop or do half a job.  I either just run it or
rebuild it all."

        He has, of course, put his finger on the nub of the problem. I
started this project intending only to clean and paint, then run the 235.
Unfortunately, the more I saw, the less I liked, I have small doubt that had
I "just run it", I would have "just towed it" also. The rub is where to stop.
With any luck, the bottom end will look solid and I will be able to
reassemble the motor with a glad heart.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html