Re: [oletrucks] 216 engine performance questions

To: <RobXR250@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 engine performance questions
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:39:12 -0500
I haven't done yet, but may before I can get a '54 235 PowerGlide block &
head.  Put dual Rochester's with  Fenton manifold & Fenton headers.  I also
have HEI to put in.  Anything more radical than this & Bill Fisher's book
says the old dipper/splasher oil system will be your weak link.  There are
shops that will convert a 216 to full flow/pressure oil system, but unless
you really want to keep the original 216 look, I think it would be rather
expensive.  I just made sure that the manifolds that I got will fit both a
216 & a 235 so I can move them later.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com