Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?

To: haist@jps.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:03:57 EDT
    Thanks to all that have offered advice on this "Authorized California
Weighmaster" barrier. I will call the AAA to see if they can shead any light
on this new obstacle and maybe even finish the job for me.
    Whitney suggested that telling the DMV that this vehicle is a HISTORICAL
VEHICLE might get them to ease up. Perhaps this would be like holding the
famous cross in front of the vampire? Perhaps they even owe me a refund. Is
that a different registration class from commercial? I tried to avoid the
commercial status as this cost more money but the DMV blocked my maneuver in
that direction by informing me that there were NO EXCEPTIONS, EVER.
    I don't know how the DMV selects their employees, but one of the criteria
has to be an enjoyment of sadistic games. Maybe they leave the candidates
alone in a room and watch through one way glass to see if they pull the wings
off of flies cleverly introduced into the room.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html