RE: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?

To: "'Hudson29@aol.com'" <Hudson29@aol.com>, "haist@jps.net"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?
From: Tom Burt <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:58:48 -0700
Folks,
I tried a similar tact only to slump over and drag my feet out the door.
The State of California is trying to get rid of the historical tags and
push everybody to use the standard or artsie type tags.  I think the
registration is different.  I beleive that historical tags mean limited use
of the vehicle (not for daily use).

My next door neighbor had a similar problem when registering his '56
Belair.  The gal behind the counter didn't want to process the
re-registration telling him that he had to give up the old tags.  He
screamed for the manager claiming that the @#$%^&* tags came with car.  She
told him that the tags were '63 tags and were not the original year.
The manager came back and gave him a form to send to Sacramento requesting
to retain the tags.

It is aggravating when you have to deal with the DMV.  The employees at the
desk are not paid that well and are just warm bodies (robots) that push
paperwork.  Ask them a serious question and they have to pull out handbooks
to read up on rules and regulations.

Arrggghhh!

Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200