Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?
From: Lewis Osborn <losborn@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:37:51 -0700
Wednesday, July 28, 1999, 4:20:32 PM, John wrote:

> Paul,

> A truck scale can certify the weight of your truck. Also known as a
> public scale. They usually charge about $5 for the service.  With that
> you get a piece of paper with your truck's weight. These scales are
> certified by the county weightmaster to be accurate. I believe this will
> satisfy the DMV. Living in California, I can relate to your frustration.
> Sometimes I would love to tell them where to stick all there rules and
> regulations.

> John Garton

In Washington State some trailers have to be weighed before they can be
licensed.  They will accept a commercial scale slip, or it can be taken to a
state scale (like a port of entry) and be weighed for no charge.

Lewis - K7LVO - Medford - Valley of the Rogue - OR
The Forty - 1940 Chevy Pickup - One Owner
http://www.teleport.com/~losborn/1940.html