Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions

To: Gerry Deibert <gerryrd@verendrye.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 12:54:49 -0400
One thought about Jim Carter's short shaft pump is that is has the wrong
size pulley on it and spins faster than it should. I don't know if this
will cause it to run hot though. Patrick's sells pumps with the right size
pulley.
   I use 7lbs cap and 180 thermostat in my 235 and it runs 180/190 until I
do extended high speed driving in 95 degrees  or better. I think mine is a
radiator problem. Has your engine just been rebuilt?

Grant 50 3100