Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions

To: Charles Culver <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 23:06:12 -0400
I don't think a fan shroud will effect freeway driving but should be great for
sitting in traffic. I think the most you should go with anti-freeze is 70/30. I
don't think the heater being disconnected will cause overheating but seem to
remember a post saying it helps to have it connected during warm-up before the
thermostat opens. I don't know if this is true as mine is shut off in this
weather anyhow.
     I tried a heat transfer enhancer ? called water wetter and it didn't help
my situation at all, however I've heard others say it works great. This makes me
think my stock radiator is not up to snuff for 95 degree days. Luckily it cooled
off here in the North East while I was trying to decide whether to recore or
replace so I'll wait  until next year.

Grant 50 3100