Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions

To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cooling System Questions
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 14:45:46 -0700
The problem with running straight antifreeze is that ethline glycol has a
much lower specific heat than water. This means that it takes fewer
calories of heat to warm it a given amount as compared to water. The upshot
is that less heat is transferred to the radiator each time a hypothetical
"chunk" of coolant cycles through the radiator. No problem in cold weather,
big problem in hot weather.

-Tom Allen
51 3800

Tom Allen