Re: [oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:25:11 -0700
PPG now recommends epoxy primer under the filler. You shouldn't mix it up as
a sealer until just before the final coats. It will keep off rust for a
while. A zinc phosphate will hold off the rust well if kept dry. The floor
of my truck has been this way for several months, with no rust. The metal
prep will remove any traces of rust, and the primer sticks to it well. Also,
no need to etch prime after metal prep.