Re: [oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.

To: Passnb4U@aol.com, trks@javanet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:55:19 EDT
In a message dated 09/16/99 10:46:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Passnb4U
writes:

<<

   Thanks for the info Bob,  what grit paper do you use on the epoxy primer
prior to filler?

   Thanks again,

   Mike >>

If it dries more than a week scuff with 100 grit or similar.  I don't like to
cut thru to bare metal .  Phosphoric acid in etching primer will affect
filler, that's the reason for sealing it down with epoxy primer.  Probably
has a reaction  with benzoyl peroxide, which is pretty reactive.  Also excess
hardener, benzoyl peroxide, will discolor topcoat.  that's the reason for not
using excess hardener.  I'll do an article on body filler for This Old Truck
soon.

Bob ADler