[oletrucks] Overheating

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Overheating
From: JAL12147@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:54:21 EDT
The last time I had the head off I compared the steam holes in the gasket,
this time I used a Victor (NAPA), to the head, and the old gasket, a Fel-Pro.
 The holes line up with the gasket and it looks like they go into a water
jacket.  There was a difference between the Victor and Fel-Pro gaskets.  The
Victor had smaller water holes toward the front, even though the holes in the
block and head were larger, the Fel-Pro gasket matched the size of the holes.
 I guess this restriction would force more water to the rear of the head.
I've got a cooling system pressure tester.  I remember now that the radiator
came from Brother's, not Harmon's.  If I pressurize the system to 18 lbs
it'll fall to14 by morning.  There is no white smoke from the exhaust and no
coolant in the oil.  I can't find a leak anyplace.  When the thermostat is
open and coolant is flowing there are bubbles.
John Lazar