Re: [oletrucks] Overheating

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Overheating
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:03:54 -0400
I always thought that bubbles in the coolant indicates a head or
head gasket problem.  Seems a leak around the water pump seal,
as it is under pressure would spew coolant out, unless the seal leak
happened to be on the suction side of the pump. I would think this
would leak down faster than he indicated on the pressure test...
Got a pretty good problem there John, you state that the bubbles
only appear after the thermostates opens, this of course, indicates
something in the engine side, Just for the sake of asking, is the
thermostat housing, gasket, or thermostat itself intact and solid with no
cracks...but then again if it were cracked, coolant would be leaking out..
Let us know what you find, as I'm real curious on this one...Other than
the bubbles - do you have good radiator coolant flow...
Wayne