Re: [oletrucks] Overheating

To: JAL12147@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Overheating
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:02:30 -0400
John,
I'm certainly no expert in this arena, but I had the same problem with my
68 Buick GS400 and it turned out even though there was no water or oil
where they weren't supposed to be, both head were cracked in the front
cylinder from the water jacket to the valve.  No, there wasn't any white
smoke either.  I had the heads welded and also hardened seats in the
exhaust valves and valves ground while I had it out.  I haven't had any
problems since.  It was pricey, $200 per head, but I couldn't find the
correct high compression heads so that was my only choice.  It has held up
for over a year and with some hard driving also.  Just my experience.

Jim V.
58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup - V8 Automatic