Re: [oletrucks] Late At Night

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Late At Night
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:10:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/99 7:04:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Hudson29@aol.com
writes:

<<     Saturday night about midnight, after things had quieted down I
wandered
 out in the backyard and found myself just looking at the old AD pickup. I
 imagined it done, hauling the old motorcycles and going on fun trips to far
 away destinations. I guess this has become something of a habit for me,
 because one of the cats was out there sitting on a fender waiting for me to
 scratch him behind the ear. He was obviously expecting me. Am I the only one
 who indulges in this sort of odd behavior?

 Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com >>

  No Paul,  you're not alone.  I've a '31 <insert non-Chevy name here> PU
that I've been tinkering with for a couple of years, I get started, begin
having fun, then it becomes work and I start to be consumed, so I put it away
for a few more months.

 I'm not sure if you have a family or not, I have two young girls, ages 2 and
4, between them and helping my Dad out most weekends, leaves little time for
my projects.

  Currently on my plate....

  '31 Dodge PU
  '36 Ford PU
   Pepping up my '89 IROCz
  Going through the suspension and brakes on my '57 Chevy PU
  SBC transplant in my '59 Chevy PU and power brakes.  Was thinking IFS too,
but I turn 38 in a little over a month, I'd like to have at least one of the
above done by the time I'm 40 :)

  I think I enjoy the mild tinkering more now than worrying about \ the
finished project, heck, I'm making enough money to have a lot of what I want
done if I was in a hurry, but I guess I'm just biding my time till my 4YO can
start grabbing me my tools (she likes to play with them now, maybe I can get
her to put them to use).

  Besides, what would you do if everything was completed?

  Oh yeah, me and my cat hang out in the garage a lot too, him sitting on a
piece of the Dodge waiting for me to open up a can of Friskies, and me
envisioning it "popping" down the road.

  Mike