Re: [oletrucks] TH 350 crossmember

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH 350 crossmember
From: Seymour Bunz <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 01:45:32 -0400

> You know, I never checked the driveline angles on my truck when I put it
> together. All I know is that it doesn't vibrate. Luck of the Irish, I
> guess! *LOL* The only drawback to my setup is the lack of clearance
> between the driveshaft and the frame x-member that runs under the back
> of the cab. The rear end is so low in my truck the driveshaft will hit
> the x-member under severe compression. I have to install some snubbers
> to keep the rear from bottoming. It hasn't been a serious problem, but
> it does get annoying if you're trying to carry any kind of load. If you
> use stiffer springs than the Caravan ones I have it shouldn't be any
> problem at all.
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan.  I did eyeball that line (I should run a string along it) and it
seems like the shaft won't interfere with the x-member.  But I'm off to the last
flea market of the season, then the salvage yard to scrounge for a driveshaft.
I installed a new set of leafs from Chassis Engineering.  They seem reasonably
stiff, probably more so than the Caravan's (I used to own a couple of them).
Now if I can just get my son to work on that web page for me, I'll try scanning
some pics to post up for "work in progress".  Stay tuned.  BTW, I didn't know
you were Irish  :^)
Everytime I say that, old Murphy comes up to bite me again, and HE'S Irish!!

Wally