Re: [oletrucks] Stock AD Cowl Mount Mirrors

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <old-chevy-truck@onelist.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock AD Cowl Mount Mirrors
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:30:34 -0500
Paul, I mounted my mirror without the aid of an "assistant".  Just held the
mirror to the cowl, marked the first hole with a pencil, then drilled the
hole.  I did drill a "practice hole" in a piece of sheet metal first just to
be sure it was the right size for the mounting screws.  After the first
hole, the second one is obviously easy.  One word of caution....I mounted my
mirror a bit too far forward on the cowl.  The hood bumps the base of the
mirrow when it's raised.  I needed to mount the mirrow about an inch futher
back than I did.  (Too late now, but no major problem.)  Might help to raise
the hood when mounting the mirror just to be sure it doesn't interfere with
the mirror when you put it on.  BTW, I got my mirror and mounting kit for
$15 from the Truck Shop.  Found it on special at an auto show.  Haven't seen
that good a price since.  Good luck!
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100