Re: [oletrucks] License Plates

To: "Terry Stellman" <STELLMAN@noex.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] License Plates
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:52:59 -0800
Terry Stellman wrote:

>I'm not questioning the fact that you could probably run an old truck
without a front plate but if a
>cop was in a bad mood one day or needed to make his quota he could write
you
>up.

Once I sent my license plates to be restored by a guy who advertized in
Hemmings.  He lost them, and I wound up driving my '55 Buick for about 2
years with no plates at all.  Never got stopped, not that I recommend it.
Just goes to show that an old car or truck has a lot of built in goodwill.

Regards,

Grant S.