Re: [oletrucks] License Plates

To: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] License Plates
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:03:45 -0500
In Michigan you can run with YOM and use only the rear plate even thought
we currently have both plates and 2 plates have been used most of the time
here.

A word of caution when buying an old plate, at least in Michigan.  If there
is only one plate available, the question becomes where is the other
plate.  If you buy the plate and then go to register it and someone else
has already registered that number and year because they bought the other
plate, you are out of luck.  I have both plates for all of my old vehicles,
that way I know that I will be able to register them when the time
comes.  I have a source here that I bought all of mine from for $15 a plate
and he also restored them for another $15 each.  A couple of ya'll from out
of state have had him do your plates and I think you are satisfied with them.

Just my $.02 worth.

Jim V.
58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Automatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles