Re: [oletrucks] Welding Help Needed!

To: Deve Krehbiel <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding Help Needed!
From: Bruce Michaels <hbn@ojai.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:58:37 -0700
--------------0C9DB4FDD5E2A457926E6DE1

"Same principle though and to me, you need just enough heat. More than
that is wasted"

Not really Deve. I'm an Aircraft electrician "Air Guard" and what your
talking about,
If I'm understanding you correctly is sweating solder joints together.
That's more like braising. welding is fusing to like metals into on
piece. with more heat you have to go faster, sure, but you heat quicker
and get done in the spot quicker.

example
If you wave your finger over a flame it wont get burned, but if you
lightly and slowly set your hand on an iron, your making a trip to the
hospital!

sorry about the lame example, but I think you might want to try it.
run some beads on some similar sheet metal to experiment.
I have an old hood I'm using to get the feel of it.

I know you'll get the hang of it.
Bruce
P.S. Really like the updates to your site. I've been checking it every
update!

--------------0C9DB4FDD5E2A457926E6DE1
 name="hbn.vcf"

begin:vcard