Re: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:49:06 -0500
In one of my past lives, I had something to do with engineering (piping
design). My structural experience had to do with hanging the pipe. IMHO
"pole barn" and a 24 foot I-beam don't go together. That's going to be one
meaty wide flange to span 24 feet AND carry a hoist plus dynamic load.
Unless there is a structural engineer out there, I'll check with a friend to
see what you need for additional support and the size of the beam. It may be
that the weight and the cost will scale your plans down a bit.
Terry Beynon
'55-1 3100
'51 Suburban
Chicago IL