Re: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question

To: "Trucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:34:41 -0500
Jeff,
I'm not sure I know what a jib crane is. Is it a one-point mount to the
floor with a cantilevered arm? Your crane rail hoist idea may work but with
the suspension and rail independant of the building. In other words the load
would only be transferred to the floor not the sides and roof support. If
you bolt four posts to a reinforced floor (footing for each post) connect
them with I-beams at a convenient height and suspend the hoist rail from the
beams then you have something solid.
Terry Beynon
'55-1 3100
'51 Suburban