Re: [oletrucks] Rust "converter"

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust "converter"
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:43:08 -0400
Scott, I used Eastwood's Corroless and so far I am happy with it, though the
frame has not seen the
weather, as it's still in the garage and under rod-storation.  But the stuff
seems to have cured
like iron, it does not chip off, and is much more durable than paint.  I
painted over it with a
black chassis paint and it looks good, covers well.  I have not used POR-15 so
I can not compare the
two products.  There were some guys on the Chevelle list that had experiences
of POR-15 fading from
its initial glossy black color after exposure to the sun.

I imagine this Corroless should work OK as it has totally covered any surface
rust (I vigorously
wire brushed it first), and whould shut off the supply of oxygen to the metal
surface which causes
the rust in the first place.  This product has my thumbs up so far.  Further
reports down the road
when the frame gets out in the New England weather.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project
72 Chevy Malibu