Re: [oletrucks] Rust "converter"

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust "converter"
From: "S. Livingston" <jslsb@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:09:13 -0600
I bought a test kit from Por-15 Inc. so I could try their products before any
major investment ( the stuff's not cheap ). I used their Metal-Ready  on a rusty
rim and where the rust had been it was turned grayish-silver and coated with
zinc phosphate like it had been galvanized. Metal-Ready is clear and as thin as
water so it isn't just covering up the rust. You can see the change as it works.
Parts must be kept wet with it for 15 to 20 minutes. It seemed to do a good job
but I  don't have any experience with how long. it will last.

Scott Livingston
'54 3100