[oletrucks] 235 or 261?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 or 261?
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:27:03 -0600

Somebody else swapped out engines in my 51 two ton dump with a 235 or a 261. It
is green and has 2 cast in vertical lines right about the middle of the starter
on the block. There are no casting numbers and the numbers on the pad to the
rear of the distributor has been machined off. This appears to be a 261, is it?
I really don't want to pull the head to find out. If it is a 261, I am going to
swap engines between my 50 ½ ton and my 51 two ton. thx