Re: [oletrucks] 235 or 261?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 or 261?
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:01:21 -0400
My 261 has the "captain's bars" behind the starter but I'm told that some
235's have them too. Strange that somebody would go to the trouble of
removing casting numbers. Measuring bore size looks to be the only sure way
to know what motor you've got. Is there a casting number visible on the
head? 261's had extra steam holes, so the head has a different casting
number than a 235. I have a list somewhere.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL