Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions

To: "Dave Paulson" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:47:57 -0400
Dave,

    I am putting together a T5 from my GMC using option #2. The speedo gears
are in different locations on the mainshaft. This requires A): using the S10
mainshaft (and near-total disassembly of both trannies) or B): relocating
the speedo gear location on the shaft. I am doing the latter to avoid
tearing down the trans.

    Not sure if all of these swaps involve this. I have heard that some T5
shafts were machined for two speedo gear locations, but the only way to find
out is to remove the tailshaft housing.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL