Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions

To: <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:16:27 -0700
Hi Grant G.,

I've no personal experience with the NV 4500, but my research says they were
produced for GM and Dodge, and that the GM version takes the standard chevy
bellhousing bolt pattern.

I haven't seen too many show up in the classifieds, and those that have were
significantly more expensive than T5s.  But from what I read, they are very
strong, favored by off road people.  I believe the Dodge version went behind
their Cummins 6 cyl turbo diesel, which is a very high torque engine, used
for towing.  I forget what GM engine applications it has, but I believe they
were also pretty beefy.

Just for background, here is a link to an offroader's drivetrain build up
page in which he gives a little info on this Chrysler NV4500 mated to a
cadillac 500.  http://offroad-net.com/%7Ejweed/rebuild2.htm

Regards,

Grant S.