Re: [oletrucks] Re: 1946 Chev 3/4 ton

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <HMills16@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: 1946 Chev 3/4 ton
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:33:48 -0500
Hugh,

Finally I checked and can reply.  My Art Deco is a 3/4 ton with 8 rear lug
nuts.  Seems to be leaking from the end inside of the hubcap.  What do I
need to do?

Also, can I mend the vacuum wipers myself?   They seem to want to work.
When I pull out the on switch, they move to the opposite side and when I
pull it again they move the original side, and so on.  Any ideas?

Any other tips that you can offer for a new Art Deco owner would be
appreciated . . .  My truck has its original 215 . . .  for example, where
is the best place to buy parts?  How fast should the truck be comfortable
going?  Did you change the gearing in the differential?  What oil do you use
in the crankcase?  Mine has no shocks, is there a way to add them easily?
The driver's side inside door handle is stripped, is there a replacement
knurled male available?

Thx.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock