Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Info Needed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Info Needed
From: "Ron Keller" <tinwiz1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:21:08
Hi Deve!
   I saw the last email and he thinks the same as me. I'd suggest you take
the tranny back out...yeah I know!#$$%...what ever it is, it isn't going to
get fixed in the truck. All you can do is set up the clutch and you've done
that. It's obvious that there is not enough travel with the clutch now, so
once you take it out you can look at the clutch springs and if you see they
have become scraped up , you know the clutch was in backwards. Unless it
still has "flywheel side" marked on it, then you know for sure!
  Make sure you mark it so you know which side "you " have against the
flywheel now. Then, if there are no markings on the clutch plate anymore,
you can double check another one say from a new parts supplier to see how
the clutch "should" face.
  While you have it out, check that the clutch slides easily back and forth
on the tranny splines. Also check your pilot bushing...is it there?...is it
in goood shape(no elongated hole) The output shaft should fit snug in it
with no play(clutch will chatter if it's no good).
  "IF" You need to install a new one...couldn't hurt. Pack the pilot hole
with grease and use an old input shaft as a punch and hammer it into the
bushing. The pressure created by the hammer in the grease will force the old
bushing out of the crankshaft...(old trick)
  I hope this is of some help to you. Good luck...Ron