Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Info Needed

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com (Deve Krehbiel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Info Needed
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 10:13:09 -0500 (EST)
Deve -

Have you gotten under the truck and removed the dust cover sheet metal
at the bottom of the bellhousing?  When I put in my T5 tranny I had all
kinds of trouble getting the proper clutch disc and clutch
plate/throwout bearing combo.  Get someone to work the clutch petal
while you are under the truck.  You can check to see how much clearance
you have when the clutch is engaged or disengaged.  Your clutch disc
might be hanging up a little on the sandblasted flywheel or just not
disengaging enough when the clutch pedal is pressed down.  There is no
adjustment on the disc springs and it is almost impossible to get it in
backwards because the stock disc springs are basically on the side away
from the flywheel.  The correct throwout bearing is critical also.  I
went through a couple of "stock" bearings before I got the right one.
Just some thoughts.
Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.