[oletrucks] The cold got to me

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] The cold got to me
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:08:39 -0500
Well all summer my 46 1/2 ton was boiling over, after an hour drive.
Original 216 with NO MODIFICATIONS, 65,000 miles, one rebuild with +30, new
head job last summer.  It runs great in the winter and below 70 outside it
hangs out around 175.  So I just add a 1/2 gallon of water as needed and I
was on my way.

Now that the temp had dropped and I did not have anything in the system
beside water, I now have a stream of water going down my driveway.  I
refilled the system and started the motor.  Well it still is poring out.  At
first I thought it was coming through the driver side of the block.  Well
now I have found it to be coming out the bottom of the water pump.  Between
the pump and the block.  I have both a rebuilt water pump and a water pump
rebuilding kit.  I am guessing that I should swap it out with the
replacement and hope everything is ok.

Any input?

It looks like a simple but time consuming job - is it - any hints?

Thanks,
NHJim
Hollis, NH (now it up to 55)